Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wasted Time

I am currently doing the devotion Jesus Calling 365 Devotions For Kids by Sarah Young with my girls. I really enjoy it and would recommend it for school-aged children. Not only does it minister to my girls, but also to me.

Today's devotion talked about shaking off things that don't go the way you want them to. "With enough practice, you will discover that most of the things you worry about just aren't that important. Your energy and time won't be wasted on things that really don't matter..." (pg 275)

I don't consider myself a worrier, but there are times I let little things add up causing unnecessary frustration and wasted time. Most of the time I ask myself if it is going to matter tomorrow, 1 yr from now, or ever going to matter and if not then I let it go. This has helped me handle life's little curve balls. By shaking off the little things, I will have more strength to take on the big things.

And according to Proverbs 20:24 "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"

Just sit back and enjoy life and all the blessings that God has given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment