Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Laughing Matters

My girls have kept me laughing the past few days.

Gracie and Lillie have been talking about the tooth fairy since a friend of Lillie's lost a couple of teeth recently. Yesterday Lillie explained to Gracie that when you lose a tooth the tooth fairy gives it to a new baby and you get big girl teeth. This morning Gracie woke up, moved her tongue around in her mouth and exclaims, "I still got my baby teeth!" :)

Later today she working at the desk, runs to her room and comes back with a pair of star-shaped sunglasses that are missing one lens. I ask what she is doing and she said, "I am reading Daddy's Bible." She proceeded to go thru every book on the desk "reading" just like her Dad.


We sing a song once in awhile that goes "when you mix red and blue, you get purple, when you mix red and blue you get purple. When we mix the two, we see a new color magically, when you mix red and blue you get purple." We usually go thru several different color combinations and then on to some goofy ones such as when you mix peanut butter and jelly you get a sandwich.
Well, today Lillie said she had one and sings, "When you mix Mom and Dad, you get kids. When you mix Mom and Dad, you get kids. When we mix the two, we see a new kid magically, when you mix Mom and Dad, you get kids." I chuckled, and then thankfully she went on to a new verse without any follow-up questions. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha...I love her version of your song! Kids are so great to keep us laughing.

    ReplyDelete