Saturday, January 16, 2010

This and That

This week has definitely been a week! I really thought this would be a quiet and pretty normal week, but things don't always go the way you think they should. :)

Last Friday I took Gracie to the doctor to find out she had a double ear infection. I wouldn't have probably taken her if it wasn't for her complaining one night of an earache and she hadn't slept or ate well for a few nights. She hadn't ran fever so I figured everything was fine, but learned that most do not run fevers with ear infections. hmmm. - didn't realize that since my children tended to run high fevers. After a week of antibiotics, she seems fine other than the massive purple bruise on her forehead. She was climbing on our couch and fell off the back. She cried for about 10-15 minutes, but after an ice pack and few minutes of loving, she was back to normal. I had made eggs and went to sit by her. She sat up, looked in my bowl and says, "eggs, that make me feel better!" It was too cute, and you would think that she would have learned not to climb on the couch, but no, I caught her at it again the next day. :)

On Tuesday we decided to get out of the house and let the girls spend there Christmas money. Lillie has been asking for princess skates for a lo~ong time and had enough to get them. Gracie, of course couldn't be left out and picked out a Tinkerbell set. They skated for awhile when we got home and then it was off to bed, but not for long! Lillie woke up sick about an hour and half later. Alex and I rotated staying with her while the other slept. Thank goodness he was off the next day! By morning she had stopped throwing up and was able to handle a diet of applesauce and toast all day. Other than just being worn out she is fine now.

Things are back to "normal" now and I am hoping that they stay that way for a long time!

1 comment: