Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Addition Update and Barbie clothes

The end is getting near. The contractor said he is looking to be completely finished (inside and out) in another 2 weeks. Yay!!! The windows that they had to order will be here at nine tomorrow morning and that will help the look a lot. I am a bit disappointed because I had hoped to be able to start painting this evening, but it is not ready (I guess that is the Lord's way of saying I shouldn't miss church). I am still crossing my fingers that it we can start painting tomorrow evening. I don't want to spend the weekend painting! With the completion of the painting, the floor will get started on come Monday.

Lillie has been asking for some new Barbie clothes, but I just can't bring myself to buy clothes for a doll. I don't really know how much they run, but no matter what the cost it just doesn't seem worth it to me. SSSSOOOO.......I am making my own! I have made a very simple dress in no time flat. I will post pictures of my work soon, but I want to get a couple more done to show. I just used extra fabric that I have, which Alex would love for me to get rid of, but I am such a pack rat. You never know when that square will come in handy. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Do you remember Al Rollins? His mom used to make the cutest Cabbage Patch clothes for me! I know what you mean about being a pack rat. I have fabric I picked up because I liked the pattern and I have yet to sew anything! It's something I've always wanted to do, but just haven't taken the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! My grandma used to make our Barbies clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - It is funny you brought Eleanor up. She used to go to church with my family and I too had Cabbage Patch Clothes from her. A couple of years ago I found some and gave them to her daughter (who goes to my church). She was so grateful because so many of the outfits Eleanor made were either thrown away or sold at yardsales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I still have mine in a box with my dolls saved for a little girl (grandaughter? hehe) someday :)

    ReplyDelete