Thursday, August 6, 2009

Update

Lillie had her stitches out last Thursday and I wanted to thank those of you who were praying. Alex took her (that is who she picked) and he said it was just as bad as putting them in. Dr. Mayrose was great though and got them out quickly. One stitch was actually untied that morning when she got up. That evening she was climbing on Alex and bumped her chin hard enough to make it bleed again. I was extremely frustrated because she would hardly let us look at it and I did not want to go back to the hospital especially since we were leaving the next morning for Tennessee. We ended up putting a butterfly bandage on it and it looked just fine the next day. Now there is to be no wrestling until it is good and healed!

Last night I got to do one of my favorite things -- put Lillie to bed. I usually put Gracie to bed and Alex puts Lillie to bed, but Gracie fell asleep on the way home from church and Lillie asked to me to take her to bed. It is a precious time. Last night she talked about her new bracelet and then I asked her about what Miss Thanasoula taught her at church. She went on to retell me the story of the woman who was about to lose her sons to bill collectors and the prophet told her to get all the jars she could find and fill them with the oil from her little jar. It was so cute to hear her tell me the story in four year old terms. I thank the Lord for the little blessings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment