Saturday, July 4, 2009

Zoo

We went to the Indy zoo Friday with my parents, sister and her family, two of my brothers and family. It was a lot of fun. Lillie has been talking about this trip since I mentioned it to her a week ago. She had told me the day before that her favorite friend was Andrew (my sisters little boy) and she couldn't wait to go to the zoo with him. She stuck pretty close to him at the exhibits and sat by him at the dolphin show. Her favorite part of the zoo was the water misting pole by the forest and the dolphin show. I don't have a lot of pictures because that is usually Alex's job when we go somewhere.

Here she is getting to touch a star fish, which she said was prickly.



Here are pictures of Lillie and Andrew sharing peanut butter crackers at the dolphin show. Lillie was pretty impressed that he could eat a whole peanut butter cracker in one bite. : )

I loved listening to my nephew talk to the zoo keepers. He is very bright and knew quite a bit about the animals. : )

Gracie also enjoyed the trip, although all the way up there she kept asking where Daddy was (he had to work). She rode most of time in the stroller, where she was kicking it. Her favorite animal was the tiger, which stuck his tongue out at her.
Here she is watching the penguins swim with Uncle "W".
After the zoo, my parents and I went to eat and then to Chuck E Cheese's while the rest went to the Children's museum after eating. We were pretty exhausted on the way home and I took this video of Gracie falling to sleep literally just minutes after leaving Chuck E Cheese's. It is pretty cute, but while I was finding the camera she kept missing her mouth with her sucker because of how sleepy she was. It is a bit shakey at times due to the road - sorry.

Hope you have a safe and good Fourth of July.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaw....nothing better than falling asleep eating a sucker after a fun day at the zoo. Wonder what she'll be dreaming about!

    ReplyDelete