Monday, April 20, 2009

I want to start this post off by saying sorry for being grumpy yesterday. I started the day off on the wrong foot and I let it keep me frazzled, but not victorious. I spent most of the day thinking of the negatives. I taught the 3-4 year old class and they were wired. I think the kids must of finished off the chocolate from Easter before class yesterday! I am a very structured person and will usually come to class with a schedule of what we are going to do and when. I don't always stick to it, but it helps me feel better and more in control by just having it. I did not make one because of the late notice of being needed to teach. It seemed like I was in constant motion, corralling those who were running into others, keeping those who were behaving from being bored and just trying to maintain some form of sanity. I ended class feeling exhausted and not sure if anything I taught even stuck.
Anyway, last night at church the Lord revealed what really happened. I taught about the Ascension and how Jesus is living in heaven with God and that he could also live in our hearts. When I said that He could live in our hearts a little girl's eyes (who was new) got real big and she goes "REALLY?!" I said yes and asked if she wanted to ask him to. She of course got really excited and said yes. I asked who else wanted to and almost every hand went up. I lead the class in a simple salvation prayer. I was pretty excited to get to pray with the little ones at the time, but let my frustrations take over and I missed out of the blessings. Twelve little children, four of whom have not been to church before learned an important bible lesson and accepted Jesus into their little hearts. Please help me, Lord, not to overlook the little blessings you have placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment