Friday, April 13, 2018

Treasured

Wednesday my youngest won a new bike at church. Because she already had a bike, she declined and said to draw again for a new winner. The next name drawn was a little girl who only gets to come because a neighbor brings her and her siblings.

God's love in action. Between my daughter and this neighbor, a family sees that God is not just a name, but an action. It took a lot for a child to give up a new bike. But from what I understand (I was in a different part of the church) she didn't hesitate. She didn't have to think about it. She just did it. (I'm very proud of her too!)

Hmmm....how many times has God asked us to give up something and we hesitate? To do something and we have to think about it first?

Obedience isn't always easy or fun. Obedience sometimes makes you the odd-man out. But afterwards, there is a peace that will overwhelm you.

My daughter gave up something because she knew that is what God wanted her to do. She left feeling happy and at peace because she was obedient. She was obedient without hesitation, obedient without nudging from friends, obedient because she knows the voice of God.

Recently, i was to meet some friends for lunch. I felt like God said to skip this one. I did and it was hard. But as soon as I messaged them and backed out, there was a peace that overtook me. It was freeing. You see, sometimes we put our worth in others. We put more emphasis on what others think than what God thinks. My time with God wasn't where it should have been and because of that my mind set was a bit skewed. I needed that time to spend with God.....to refocus my sight on Him.

(It's not bad to spend time with friends - my group is great - this time God was teaching me a lesson)

This is reminder today to not hesitate when God tells you to do/say something.

"Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation." Exodus 19:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment