Saturday, April 14, 2018

Early Mornings

Quiet moments....

5:30 am, every morning for the last several weeks I have been awakened. Just a soft nudge, a gentle push to open my eyes and begin my day. Sometimes I listen and sometimes I fight it.

I have found that when I listen, I don't necessarily have to even rise from bed. It is quiet and I just listen to the soft chirping of birds, the stirring of our dogs.....the soft calling of the Lord. I will spend time praying......thanking God for a new day, asking for peace, and pleading for the needs of others. As I finish the time in prayer, I sometimes even fall back to sleep and rest for a bit longer. My day is calm, my energy is great, my attitude is pleasant.

When I fight bc my flesh is weak.......I toss and turn, spend the day tired, exhausted and grouchy.

Over the years, when my heart is drawn into prayer in the wee morning hours......it is almost always for others.....there was the 36 weeks I awoke at 4am every morning to pray for my dear friend....I don't remember God ever waking me to pray in the wee hours for myself......it is for others.

I have come to the conclusion that if I am awaken by God......it is a call to pray and He will reveal who and what to pray. Maybe just a name, a situation, but I have learned to listen.

Today I challenge you to listen to the one who made you, the one who loves you more than anyone else.......tune your heart to His. He will not leave you disappointed.

"Let my prayer be set before You as incense. The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice." Psalm 141:2

No comments:

Post a Comment