Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Odd-Man Out

A feeling I know way to well. From an early age I always felt like I was on the outside looking in.

When your little, you just dream that one day you will find that friend or group and never feel alone. You may find a friend or group for a few years then almost feel pushed out. As you age, you realize that those groups are already formed and no matter how hard you try, you aren’t breaking into it.

Hurt radiates off every part of you, but you mask it. Maybe you make jokes, portray false confidence in your independence, make yourself ‘busy’ or just isolate yourself.

It's not easy on a person to feel left out. Lonely is a feeling that no one wants to have. It can overtake your life if you allow it.

When that feeling tries to overtake me, I find it best to remember that I am not alone, I always have Jesus. It may sound cheesy, but it's true.

He is the only one who can fill the emptiness that is there when you don't fit in. My husband and kids can't, and it's not fair to them for me to try to make them.

I was once told if I put God where he needs to be in my life, then everything else will fall into place. It was then that I knew that I needed to readjust my focus. Am I giving Him my first? my best? Am I looking to Him for guidance? direction? love? Why have I allowed myself to take my eyes off the one who truly sees me for who I am?

No matter where you are, or lonely you are, you are just a pray away from being overwhelmed by God's unending love. Let Him be the friend or group you long for.

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Proverbs 18:24 "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment