Friday, April 20, 2018

Free

Last Wednesday we sang a praise song with the lines:

"Just a moment there
Set me free"

It was after a couple times thru that a realization came to me. It doesn't say 'for' a moment, it says 'just' a moment.

For a moment means you go back to bondage, back to old ways, back to being captive. It gives a time constraint to the freedom God promises. That you can be free, but only for a time limit, that's it.....no more freedom after that. For a moment means temporary not forever.

Just a moment means it only takes a moment, a second, to be forever set free. The freedom doesn't expire, doesn't go away, doesn't disappear.

There are times we come to God and we need to linger in our prayers......there are times we come and our prayers are answered almost immediately. But no matter if we linger or not, as soon as we come before God - He sets us free from the worry, concern, pain, the chaos of uncertainty.

How many times have I gone to the altar or my prayer closet, felt the freedom of my requests/burdens be lifted, then left and that weight come back? More times than I should..... You see, I didn't give those to Jesus, I didn't release my hold on them. I laid them down, then picked them back up again. Why? Probably bc I have control issues and the thought of not knowing was worse than carrying them. WOW! Do I know better than God? Do I have my best intentions in mind? Ummmm.....no.

That is selfish of me to even think that. It is time to step into the presence of God and be completely free.

Give your life to Jesus, everything you have and witness a freedom you've never felt before.

John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment