Wednesday, August 10, 2011

'Growing' up is hard to do

Lillie lost her 2nd tooth after church tonight!! This time it was because she was wiggling it and it just popped out. The tooth has been ready to come out for 2 days. It is tucked in her tooth pillow awaiting the tooth fairy's arrival.

As soon as it came out, she started crying. Today has been emotional for her, but I just didn't understand why she was crying because she said it didn't hurt.

On the way home from church, I asked her about her tears. Her reply was simple and totally understandable

"I am crying because losing a tooth means you are growing up and I'm not ready to grow up."

I smiled and told her that growing up was something everyone did, but that it also comes with new things that are fun and exciting.

But deep down I wanted to cry......................I am not ready for my little girl to grow up either :(

1 comment: