Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Week of School

We have officially been back to school for a week. Lillie started 1st grade and Gracie pre-K. We are still going thru Christian Liberty with Lillie, but I am trying a little different approach to our days.

After reading several homeschooling blogs, I decided to start using workboxes. I bought this set of craft boxes that are well suited for our classroom use for 50% off at www.joanns.com .



There 20 drawers, 10 for each girl. They have a different subject or activity in each drawer. I use the top two for their school supplies. I love that they know when they finish their boxes, school is over. So far, I am having no, "Are we almost done??" questions. I also feel much more organized than last year.

Gracie has begun using some printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I really like her curriculum, but am finding that a lot of it is not hard enough for her. So it looks like I will be searching for more to add to it. She is so eager to learn and wants no "fluff" activities that I give her-lol.

Well, that is probably enough for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment