Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Time

I am still here! It has been awhile since my last post, and I thought I would give a brief update of what is going on at the Thompson house.

We have officially started homeschooling! Lillie is doing great, and I am amazed at the fact that I am teaching her. I have seen much improvement on her writing and recognition of vowel sounds over the past several weeks and it is exciting. The other day a commercial came on for "teach your baby to read" (or something like that) and Lillie goes, "Mommy, I want you to teach me to read." Don't get me wrong there are hard days, where it seems impossible to keep her attention, but the benefit of homeschooling..........I can take as many breaks as need to keep my sanity and her attention. I am proud of her and all she has accomplished so far.

Gracie and homeschooling is another story. :) She is actually doing pretty good at adjusting, but still wants to have input on sissy's work and have her own "school" too. I do have several worksheets and activities we do together while Lillie is in class. There are also subjects that both can do together, such as science and social studies. Gracie is picking up at recognizing more letters and numbers and tries very hard to write them. She is having class too, but at a more toned down level and she is more free to go play and stuff in her room.

We have been going outside a lot the past couple of weeks and enjoying this beautiful weather and planning on visiting the Indy zoo here really soon. Thanks to a coupon from facebook, we are getting to go fairly inexpensively. Yay for coupons!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment