Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hearing from God

We have been having revival services at my church (www.crosst.org) for awhile now, and it sparked this conversation with Lillie:

Lillie: You need to have someone pray for you.

Mom: Why

Lillie: So you will hear God talk to you.

Mom: He does talk to me thru His word (Bible), when I pray, thru our pastors, in many different ways... When you pray, ask God to speak to you, it may not be in a voice you hear, but you will know that it is from God.

Lillie: I can pray, but I can't read.

Then she went back to playing with her sister so I let it go. Later today while I was praying:

Lillie: What are you praying for? For me to hear from God?

Mom: Yes. Lillie, you know you can go to the alter and the Pastor will pray for you too.

Lillie: I can?!? Okay, but I don't know if I will.

I don't think I can express how excited I am about my five year old wanting to hear from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment