Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Days

I thought I would take a minute to update on our summer. I have noticed that even though I thought it would be pretty slow, I was so wrong. The past several weeks have flown by and I can't believe that it is almost the Fourth of July.

We have been spending a lot of time outside. Lillie has decided that when we are outside, I need to be making clover jewelry. Here she is modeling a necklace, ring, and bracelet. :)
The girls have been in the sprinkler and slip-n-slide so many times I probably could count. They even make their own water slide. We have been swimming at my parents house and at my nephews bday.

Gracie has found a nightgown that used to be mine when I was her age. I sent her to her bedroom to get her pj's on and she came running out a few minutes later giggling up a storm. She yells "purprise" (that is surprised in Gracie talk) as she comes in the living room. I just laughed and asked what she was wearing, to which she replied, "Isn't it funny? I just thought I'd wear this to be funny." She has worn it several times since and each time she laughs. I guess she wasn't too thrilled about my style at that age. :)

Lillie had a performance on Saturday at a park outreach held by several churches. It was soo hot, but the girls did great!

Lillie and Gracie went to VBS at my parent's church last week. The last day as we were leaving, I caught a lightening bug and you wouldn't believe who held it..............Lillie. That is right, my little bug hater, she wanted to and didn't even freak out when it started crawling. That is a pretty big thing for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment