Saturday, June 14, 2014

Where Does Your Ministry Start?

As I watch my two girls out the window with a friend, the Lord impresses a question on my mind - Where does my ministry start? Does it start at church, work, at the grocery store?

No, my ministry starts at home - with my family. It doesn't matter how many services I attend, if I fail to live it at home, then its all been in vain.

Dueteronomy 6:5-7 says "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."

When we go through everyday living, we must demonstrate the qualities of God. Telling them what Jesus is, is not enough. This is a generation that needs to see Jesus in action.

We've been given a great responsiblity, a great blessing and a means to succeed. God didn't set us loose with kids. He gave us His Word to teach us, to encourage us and help us succeed. He gave us a helpmate - the Holy Spirit to guide us. It is not too late to step into the role God designed you for. Just stop, pray and trust God! He will direct your steps. (Psalm 119:133 "Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me.")

Lord, help me to walk out my witness in front of my girls. Help me be the type of Godly woman that they look up to. I want to be their mentor, not just their mom. I want to influence them more than the world. Make me more like you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment