Monday, January 3, 2011

Available

Happy New Year to you and your family.

"God never asks about our ability or our inability - just our availability." God's Little instruction Book for Women

I thought I would start the new year off talking about being available. How many times have I prayed, "Lord, use me" but when that opportunity comes up, I am "too busy". I am sure there have been more opportunities than I can count that I have missed out on because it isn't in my plan. Hmmm, maybe Isaiah 55:8 will help me out: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." :)

Sometimes being available means messing up your normal routine. Recently we took the girls to McDonalds, and although we normally just wait in the drive-thru, I decided to run inside. While in there I got the opportunity to share what the Bible had to say on a certain subject. I don't know if I had any impact, but I do believe God put me there for a reason. Had I just did my normal routine, I would have missed a chance to plant a seed.

My prayer for the new year is that God messes up my schedule so that I can shine for Him. I am going to make myself available for His use - how about you?

"I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment