Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm a big kid now

Lillie had a dentist appointment today and it went great, but with a sad twist. I have always gone back with her, and she told me today that she still wanted me to go with her. I am trying to encourage a little independence so I told her if she went back by herself, I would give her 3 happy bands. The hygienist calls her name and she gets up, looks back and with a little wave from mommy, went back..................by herself!

Now, I am very proud of her (she even talked to the dentist and hygienist), but sad too. Waiting in the waiting room was one of the hardest things for me. There was a piece of me that wanted so bad for the hygienist to come and get me, but she never did. This was just another way, that my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

  1. our dentist doesn't allow parents to go back with the child, so michael has been going back by himself since he was three. andi is going to be going for the first time later this year! watching my children grow up is so bittersweet...i love that they are sooo independent, but long for the days when they were totally dependent on me.

    ReplyDelete